Mr. Proctor is CEO & Executive Director of Cadre Strategic Risk Management, LLC. During his 40 plus year professional banking and consulting career, Ken has served as an internal consultant with a major regional bank, held responsible management positions in the auditing departments of two southeastern regional commercial banks, and worked as a public accountant. He created and managed the Risk Management Practice areas for Brintech, Inc. and Sheshunoff Management Services. Both firms achieved significant year-over-year increases in sales and revenue during his tenure. He also served as a senior consultant with two international risk management-consulting firms, WBK, Ltd. and Risk Concepts, Ltd.
Ken’s broad financial institution management consulting experience includes:
· Performing risk assessment studies at over 600 financial institutions in the U.S., Latin America and Southeast Asia on behalf of financial institutions, and domestic and international insurance brokers or insurance underwriters at AIG, Chubb, Lloyd’s of London, Munich Re and others;
· Preparing assessments of risk and controls to meet Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 compliance requirements at banks ranging in asset size from $1 to $65 billion;
· Preparing information technology and information security risk assessments for financial institutions;
· Completing multi-client risk assessments for: 1) all broker/dealer members of the Bolsa de Bogota (Colombian Stock Exchange) and 2) all issuers of Mastercard, including banks, thrifts, co-ops and others for Mastercard Colombia;
· Managing compliance with and resolution of regulatory enforcement actions, including Consent Decrees, Written Agreements and Memorandums of Understanding for 24 U.S. financial institutions;
· Completing BSA/Anti-Money Laundering risk and compliance assessments, BSA/AML audits and forensic audits (i.e., “lookbacks”) for banks in the U.S. and Puerto Rico.
· Performing profitability and operational process improvement reviews for commercial banks and thrifts;
· Assessing Board and management processes and organizational structures;
· Developing strategic business and technology plans for financial institutions;
· Completing reviews of credit quality and preparing credit diversification, loan risk mitigation and workout plans;
· Completing financial institution acquisition reviews, valuing loans and other assets;
· Managing teams to select and implement banking core processing and other technology systems;
· Conducting fraud investigations for financial institutions and non-profit organizations; and
· Designing, implementing and testing business continuity plans.
Ken is a frequent speaker for financial institution industry conferences and seminars, including those sponsored by the American Bankers Association, Bank Administration Institute, Financial Managers Society, Federal Home Loan Bank Board, FDIC, and the National Association of Federal Credit Unions. In addition, he has delivered workshops and presentations for numerous State and Community Banking Associations, including Alabama, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Texas, Oklahoma, Virginia, West Virginia, Michigan, Wisconsin, Iowa, Kansas, Washington, Wyoming, New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Arkansas and Louisiana, for technology vendors, including FISERV and FIS and international banking associations, including the Federation of Latin American Banks (FELABAN), the Central Bank of Paraguay and ASOBANCARIA, the Banking Association of Colombia and Bureau International Informacion y Negocios. Since 2001 and 2013, he has served as an instructor on risk management on the faculty of the Louisiana State University Graduate School of Banking and Southwest Graduate School of Banking programs, respectively. He also served as an instructor on risk management and other topics for the LSU sponsored Professional Masters of Banking program and on retail banking and lending topics for BAI and the BAI Graduate School of Retail Banking.
Ken has authored articles on risk management for various industry publications and state banking associations including the Banking Exchange, ABA Banking Journal, Bank Marketing and others. He is co-author of a Technology Planning Guide for Banks, published by the American Bankers Association; and was a contributor to the Bank Internal Audit Manual, published by Alex Information Services.
Ken holds a Bachelor of Business Administration and is a Certified Public Accountant (inactive) and a Certified Bank Auditor.