Online Education Course

When Is Flood Insurance Required


Regulatory Authority: Federal Reserve Bureau (FRB)

Credit Hours:

The government requires that a covered lender obtain flood insurance whenever it makes a loan secured by a building or an insurable mobile home and the building or mobile home is located in a standard flood hazard area as designated by FEMA. A building is a walled and roofed structure, other than a gas or liquid storage tank, that is principally above ground and affixed to a permanent site. A mobile home is a structure transportable in one or more sections that is put on a permanent chassis and designed for use with or without a permanent foundation when attached to utilities.

View the course for more details.

Please sign up for the Premium Membership to view this content.